We encourage parents and guardians to read the following terms and conditions before starting swimming lessons with Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy.
Booking and registration procedure:
- Bookings are only confirmed once Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy receives full payment in accordance to the fee during the initial consultation and trial class.
- An email will be generated to confirm the place that has been booked with Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy once all the requirements are fulfilled. To accept the swimming course booked and to secure the place, payment must be made within five working days.
- Payment for the courses must be made in advance and should be made either by cheque, cash or bank transfer.
- Provisional places for swimming lessons will not be held under any circumstances. At the end of term existing Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy swimmers (clients) will be sent a ‘prompt’ e-mail giving notice that they will soon receive a re-booking email allocating a place for the next term’s swimming lessons.
- Once existing swimmers receive the “re-booking” email, payment must be made within 10 days.
- If existing swimmers miss the booking deadline it is advisable to telephone the Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy office to check the availability. New swimmers can telephone to book at any time but if there are no spaces available on the current term’s programme, they will be contacted as soon as we have a place to accommodate them.
- ‘Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy’ gives priority to current swimmers (clients) for re-booking, however places will be allocated to new swimmers once the re-booking period has expired.
- Refunds will not be given once the booking is accepted. Also, if any pupil misses any lesson for any reason outside the control of Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy (this includes swimming pool malfunction) or if lessons are missed owing to holidays, sickness or other absences, then it may be possible, to arrange ‘make up’ sessions at the end of the term or offer an alternative class at another venue to attend if a session or sessions are cancelled by the swimming school.
Lesson progression and format:
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy follows the Swim England programme in line with British Swimming’s plan for Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) from the Foundation Stage (Pre-School) to Stage 10 (Competitive Swimming).
- Each stage throughout the ‘Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy’ programme has different skills criteria that the swimmer needs to accomplish three times in order to proceed to the next stage. The lessons allow continuous progression once a swimmer has passed each skill at their respective swimming stage.
- The ‘Surrey Dolphins’ Swim Academy teaching staff will recommend which stage a swimmer should join for the following term or during the term. However, places in other swimming stages at a similar time slot or location cannot be guaranteed and are also subject to availability.
- Swimming lessons are normally programmed on an half an hour basis during the school term time. Term lengths vary but are normally about 12 weeks in duration which includes a break of one week at half –term (as listed by Surrey County Council).
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy is the Swim England nationally registered swim school. Assessments on the ‘Surrey Dolphins’ programme will be carried out on a continuous basis but it must be noted by parents/carers that children progress at different rates and some swimmers on average can swim at the same level for an average of three terms.
- ‘Surrey Dolphins’ Swim Academy teachers and coaches may recommend that a child moves into a higher group during the term once all the skills at that stage have been achieved. Only those swimmers who have accomplished all the skills at a current stage three times, will progress to the next level in the programme.
- The Instructor can only be held responsible for the health and safety of students in his/her class during lesson times.
- The Instructor’s responsibility for the child/children begins when the parent(s)/guardian(s)/school teacher(s) handover the child/children to the Instructor/poolside assistant at the start of the lesson, and ends when the lesson is completed and children are handed back to the parent(s)/guardian(s)/school teacher(s).
- Instructors hold the right to remove a student/students from a lesson if he or she is being destructive or causing danger to themselves or others in the class.
Pool facilities and closure:
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy hires various private leisure facilities and therefore is not responsible for the maintenance or cleaning of the swimming pool facilities.
- On some occasions pools are not available to use owing to technical problems.
- In this event, Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy will make every effort to contact swimmers by email or depending on the notice, make telephone calls where possible.
- Parents/Carers are asked to provide their email addresses and mobile numbers at the time of booking for the purposes of contacting them to notify of any pool closure.
- If a pool is unavailable owing to technical problems, wherever possible, a ‘make-up’ session will be offered on an alternative date or venue.
- In the event of lessons being cancelled owing to bad weather example snow, no ‘make-up’ lessons will be offered.
- All teachers and coaches are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) enhanced checked and have a nationally recognised swimming teaching and lifesaving qualification.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy swimming has a policy of continuous professional development where courses are either offered externally ensuring that the highest swimming teaching standards are maintained.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy is a Swim England registered swimming school and all staff are issued with a staff uniform for them to wear in or out of the water.
- As some physical contact with your child is unavoidable all staff adhere to the Swim England Child Protection Procedures.
- Wearing goggles and close fitting trunks/costumes is essential.
- The wearing of baggy shorts is inappropriate on the ‘Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy lesson programme’ and is not permitted as this causes unnecessary resistance in the water impeding the acquisition of the proficient skills.
- In the interest of health and hygiene, swimmers should wear the Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy caps provided. These help keep long hair out of the face to prevent any distractions.
- Parents and carers are responsible for the safety and well-being of their children under the age of 16 before the start time and immediately after their swimming lessons.
- Parents/carers must also ensure that siblings and/or their friends refrain from playing on any equipment owned by Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy and/or playing/ entering on/in other parts of the school grounds/buildings.
- Items of personal belongings should not be left in the changing rooms/cubicles as this prevents others from using the changing room areas.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy does not hold responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal items left in the swimming pool facility or in the swimming school grounds.
- If Fathers/male carers are accompanying females under the age of 8 years, they are requested to use the male changing rooms.
- Parents/carers should ensure that their child/children are taken to the poolside in good time to start their lesson.
- At the end of the lesson parents/carers should collect their child/children from the poolside and return them to the changing area.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy is responsible for children once they come onto the poolside within the allocated lesson time.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy teachers should not be distracted at any time during the course of the booking period as this is a health and safety issue and also prevents teachers from commencing their next lesson. In this regard, queries should be directed via our website or by phone.
- Parents/Carers would be needed to accept that at times there will be physical contact between the teacher and their child, in a professional, caring manner.
- Parents/Carers must notify Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy about any know medical condition that will affect the safety of a swimmer booked onto the Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy programme.
- New medical condition occurring once a swimmer has joined the Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy programme must be notified immediately to the Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy office.
- Parents/carers may be allowed onto the poolside but certain venues do not allow this in accordance with their health & safety and insurance regulations.
- Where parents/carers are permitted onto the poolside or into a viewing area, noise levels must be kept to a minimum and young children kept under strict control.
- Excess noise levels and other activity distracts the swimming teachers making it difficult to gain the attention of each pupil and prevents the progress of a swimmer.
- Food and drink must not be brought onto the poolside at any time.
- Where a viewing area is available, parents/carers should not demand that seating is provided for their own use.
- However, there may be some limited seating available which has been provided by the school.
- On-street parking is available on Yockley Close and is free of charge.
- However, parents/carers must observe any parking regulations that are in force at each facility.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy cannot guarantee that car parking spaces are always available and from time to time alternative parking arrangements operate if the school is letting other facilities for a private function.
- Parents/carers are also requested to park with courtesy and respect other users of the school facilities. A cooperative behaviour will be much appreciated.
Photography and Video Recording
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy recognises its responsibility to ensure the welfare and safety of children and young people and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We use photographs and videos for a number of reasons including celebrating and recording children achievements. These images or videos may be used on our website, social media and promotional and marketing materials. Your child’s identity will not be disclosed without your consent and only if the photograph is used to celebrate individual achievement.
- Photographs and videos will only be recorded on Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy own equipment and will not be kept for longer than is to be considered necessary, and in any event, not exceeding a maximum of three years after your child has left the school.
- If you are concerned about the privacy of your child we would like to encourage you to make an appointment and discuss your concern with Mr Slawek Szydlowski, the Director of Swimming, so we can take appropriate measures to protect them.
- Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy will take all steps to ensure images and videos are used solely for the purposes they are intended. If you become aware that these are being used or shared inappropriately, please contact us as soon as possible.